× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot reset

bobzam
Follower

Cannot reset

My old extender has worked fine, but upgraded my widi to Frontier with ARRIS router.  I have tried several avenues to connect this extender but seems I cannot reset. Have held the paper clip in hole for over a minute. 

I can get connected but no Internet connection.

I am somewhat confused as my new router has all other devices running with WPA2/AES security.  Shourd my extender continue to use WEP.

I have held down the WEP button extender and pushed the button on front of router as instructed.

So basically I am lost. 

Does this extender just use WEP or can it use the WPA2?

How can I reset the extender and start all over if paper clip is not doing a reset?

Thanks. Bob

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot reset

Hi bobzam - After resetting your extender, please locate and join the "NETGEAR_EXT" wifi network using a laptop or wireless device. Then browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot reset

Hi bobzam - After resetting your extender, please locate and join the "NETGEAR_EXT" wifi network using a laptop or wireless device. Then browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7