× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX80 - 2.4Ghz Radio Power non-existent

klockk
Aspirant

EAX80 - 2.4Ghz Radio Power non-existent

I have had an EAX80 for a while no, but it's been giving me issues for a while too. It seems to only be able to connect to my primary network on the 5Ghz band. The only time it will connect on the 2.4Ghz band is when it is sitting right next to my primary WiFi router (RAX120).. I've done extensive WiFi Analysis and there is definitely something not working on the 2.4Ghz band. Anybody know where the radio Power setting menu is? Certainly not where the manual indicates it is! Any hidden menus might help.....

It SAYS it is broadcasting on the 2.4Ghz band once it is up and connected (but only to the 5Ghz band!), but the signal is most of the time nowhere to be found unless I am right next to the extender.... and then it quickly disappears...

Anybody else have this issue? Makes me want to tear it apart and see if the antenna is disconnected or not..? Anybody tear one of these apart? I need the 2.4ghz band extended for all my Wyze cameras... 😉

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX80 - 2.4Ghz Radio Power non-existent

How are you scanning this? 

Reason I ask is its a mesh extender. meaning it combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz ssid into one ssid. Unless you disable that feature, standard built in scanners won't see it as a separate network

Message 2 of 5
klockk
Aspirant

Using WiFi Analyzer on my phone, looking at the specific MAC address for the 2.4Ghz bandnon the extender vs my primary router... And yes, I do have my SSIDs separate for 2.4 vs  5Ghz bands... always have, as my 2.4Ghz network is congested (one of the reasons for the extender) and I wanna force devices that can support 5Ghz to the 5Ghz band to free up the 2.4Ghz Band..

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a factory reset and reinstall  using the installation assistant? 

What firmware are you on? 

What router are you connecting it to? 

Do you have screen snips of what you're seeing?

Message 4 of 5
RowanBevis
Tutor

The radio may have gone downhill and many defects now, I feel with the modern situation like now they can directly listen to online radio right in their work car.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7