× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 firmware update problem: You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

HeHeHeHe
Aspirant

EX2700 firmware update problem: You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

I am trying to update the firmware on my EX2700 Wi-Fi range extender. I've downloaded the firmware (version # 1.0.1.42). I follow the instructions in the release notes to go to URL http://www.mywifiext.net/, but I get an error message:

"You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network"

However, I AM connected to the extender network, rather than the router network.

I get the error message with every browser I use: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. My computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro IV, running Windows 10 Pro.

What can I do?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX2700 firmware update problem: You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

at this point I would hold the reset button for 10+ seconds factory reset the unit and try to set up the extender again.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX2700 firmware update problem: You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

You may need to connect to the extender using its IP address most times it may get assigned 192.168.1.250 but if that does not work you will need to log into your router do to the attached devices and see what the Ip address of the extender is then put that Ip address in your web browser.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
HeHeHeHe
Aspirant

Thanks! I was able to make a lot of progress, but now I've hit a major snag.

Initially, I was able to find the extender's IP address from my router, which, BTW, wasn't 192.168.1.250. When I tried to use the extender's IP address to run mywifiext.net, I got an error message "no such file or directory".

However, if I just entered the extenders IP address, it went to index.html, which brought up a menu that included a Maintenance option. I started the firmware update, and it looked like everything was going fine, but a timeout error occurred. I don't know why.

I then tried to start over, but now the IP address for the extender couldn't be found. I checked my router again, and this time saw that the extender did have 192.168.1.250 as its IP address.

Unfortunately, when I just enter this IP address, the extender goes to the "New Extender Setup" screen, which prompts me to create an account, but I already have one.

If I try to load mywifiext.net or index.html, I again get the "no such file or directory" error message.

I have tried rebooting the extender, but that didn't help.

What should I do now?

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

at this point I would hold the reset button for 10+ seconds factory reset the unit and try to set up the extender again.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
HeHeHeHe
Aspirant

Thanks!  That did the trick

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7