× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3110 Install

EX3110 Install

When installing my recently purchased Netgear EX3110 I get both Power/WPS lights solid green. The wifi name/s 2.4Ghz/5Ghz comes up. I enter my password for my router and I keep getting invalid password. The Router light isnt on and Ive tried EVERY outlet in my livingroom even 3-5’ from my router. Once it told me to reset my router so I reset everything. What gives? Fixing to take this POS back to Corrupt Walmart and try my luck on corrupt Amazon.
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: EX3110 Install

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. 

D-Link host router? 

Have you disabled Smart Connect on the host router then used the NIghthawk app to get it connected to the host router? If you did and the extender isn't working right at a far distance, I'd consider taking the extender back and trying a another one...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. 

D-Link host router? 

Have you disabled Smart Connect on the host router then used the NIghthawk app to get it connected to the host router? If you did and the extender isn't working right at a far distance, I'd consider taking the extender back and trying a another one...

Message 3 of 7

Yes it was Push button WPS. I reached out to my son and he said my new D-Link Router has Smart Connect and to disable it. Once I did that It worked properly. Thx for the reply!!
Message 4 of 7

That worked!!!
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Awe, glad he helped you get it working.

Enjoy. 😉

Message 6 of 7
Deopena
Aspirant