× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 security update

RevEarl
Aspirant

EX6120 security update

Can't get Netgear to connect to this extender. It's been up and running for years, but when I try to do security update by several diff means, I can't get Netgear to acknowledge that it's there.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
RevEarl
Aspirant

Re: EX6120 security update

router isn't Netgear, it's PACE.

OK, figured out how to log onto router. discovered why extender was invisible - it had a diff IP Address. Thanks for your help. Pls, pls add instructions to process for extenders.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you give some more detail on the issue you are having?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 11
RevEarl
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back to me.

There was a link in the security alert. When I clicked upon it, I was advised that there was no Netgear product on my network. I then tried downloading the firmware, but once again could not communicate with the Netgear product.

This is very strange because the product is working and I get a Wi-Fi signal from at that I can use.

Message 3 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest directly logging into the extender via www.mywifiext.net and then checking the firmware from there I would not do it from a email link.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 11
RevEarl
Aspirant

I guess I wasn't clear in my earlier messages. I've already done this. Even though my computer tells me I'm connected, the URL you suggested tells me I'm not.

Message 5 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

ok have you tried to use the Ip address of 192.168.1.250 in your web browser?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 11
RevEarl
Aspirant

pls see atth.

Message 7 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to log into your router and look at the attached devices and see if the extender is getting a new Ip address?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 11
RevEarl
Aspirant

how do i do that?

Message 9 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

depends on your router if its a netgear router you would go to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 login with admin/password and then go to Advanced-Administration-Attached devices.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 11
RevEarl
Aspirant

router isn't Netgear, it's PACE.

OK, figured out how to log onto router. discovered why extender was invisible - it had a diff IP Address. Thanks for your help. Pls, pls add instructions to process for extenders.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series