× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7000 not assign proper IP to Apple iPhone or iPad

what_man
Aspirant

EX7000 not assign proper IP to Apple iPhone or iPad

Hi all

I am running an Netgear EX7000 wifi extender with a NetComm NF15ACV.TP modem router and am having major difficulties connecting it to my Apple products mainly 2 x iPhone 6s and an iPad Air 2.

It is assigning the Apple products a different IP address to my laptop I.E Apple products get a 169.254.xxx.xx address and Im not able to get onto the internet.

On the other hand I am able to get on the internet with my laptop and it assigned an ip address of 192.168.xx.xx

I have updated the firmware and have reset the network settings on my phone.

Furthermore this is a replacement unit I recieved yesterday which had the same problem as well as others

Thanks in advanced for any advice

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: EX7000 not assign proper IP to Apple iPhone or iPad

Hi @what_man,

What firmware version are you running on it? Did you tried modifying wireless channels to see if that helps? Do you encounter this issue on both bands? What if you set it up as AP intead of extender?

Message 2 of 10
what_man
Aspirant

Hi, I'll check the firmware on the replacement extender later on, but on my original extender I had the latest version at the time and still had no connectivity. What channels do you suggest, Iv tried 1 and 6. Doesn't setting up as an AP involve a wired connection between extender and modem? If that is the case I don't have an option to do that.

Thanks
Message 3 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @what_man,

Yes. It has to be wired to Router for time being to set it up as AP. This is just to isolate if its not connecting in extender mode only or in AP mode too.

Message 4 of 10
what_man
Aspirant

Hi, so Iv just updated to the latest firmware v1.0.0.62_1.0.122

I connected it directly to the modem via cable and my it assigned my iPhone the correct range ip address and I was able to get on the internet (I kept it as an extender I didnt set it up as an AP)

I disconnected the wire and put it back to its spot which is about 10m away with a simple plasterboard, timber wall and it has reverted back to its old tricks.

Iv attached a screenshot of the IP's its assigning

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @what_man,

Did you tried modifying wireless channel on Gateway? How about if you try connecting it to 5GEXT network after firmware update? Try to reset and reconfigure it if issue persist since you have upgraded firmware. Lets see if that helps.

Message 6 of 10
what_man
Aspirant

Hi, how do you go about modifying the wireless channel, and what channel should I change to then. I have changed the channel 1, 6, 9 in the modem recommended by the supplier. Neither of the bands work at assigning the proper IP address, even though I have updated both the modem and extender.

Message 7 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @what_man,

Do you experience this while connecting to _5GEXT network of extender? For 2.4GHz, you can try 11 which is left still. If issue persist, try resetting and reconfiguring the extender to see if that helps.

Message 8 of 10
what_man
Aspirant

Hi, I have had no luck, I have called my isp and tried trouble shooting their modem and they say that the extender is not transmitting ipv4 to Apple devices and the issue lies with the extender

Message 9 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @what_man,

I would recommend you to contact support to see if it could be something with hardware.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7