× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 lan port not working

swebs
Aspirant

Ex3700 lan port not working

When I connect to the extender via WiFi with my laptop I can connect and surf the internet fine. When I connect any device via the device/lan port I can't get to the internet.

It was working for about 2 weeks and just suddenly stopped. I didn't change anything.

Anyone have this or have any suggestions to get the lan port working.

The repeater has good signal to the main router and I have it set as its own SSID.
Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Ex3700 lan port not working

When I have it right you can define to which of the two networks (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) te LAN port is mapped to. 

Check the extender Web UI is both bands are up connecting to the primary router.

Message 2 of 5
swebs
Aspirant

I'm not using WiFi I'm connected directly to the lan port
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@swebs wrote:
I'm not using WiFi I'm connected directly to the lan port

It does not matter of the clients are connected to the extender wireless access point radios or to the LAN port - the MAC address translation will happen anyway.

@swebs wrote:
When I connect to the extender via WiFi with my laptop I can connect and surf the internet fine. When I connect any device via the device/lan port I can't get to the internet.

In either case, the LAN port will be bridged trough a WIFi connection - unless the extender does run in FastLane mode, it's configurable which uplink band is used:

EX3700 LAN port to WiFi uplink.PNG

Should this band not have an uplink connection - here it's the 2.4 GHz which as none (so the above does work) - the LAN port would not have a connection to the primary router and the Internet.

EX3700 no 2.4 GHz connection.PNG 

Information about details are everything - without it's hard to help.

Message 4 of 5
swebs
Aspirant

Well it works when I connect to it over WiFi but not through the port. I'll check the settings.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7