× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie setup does not work, cannot click next button even though it's blue

girraiffe
Aspirant

Genie setup does not work, cannot click next button even though it's blue

I've been at this for a week and haven't found anything on the internet, and no amount of resetting or power cycling can fix this. Its an EX6100 and it was working before. I brought it out of storage as I stopped using it for a few years (2017/2018 firmware?) and now I can't get past the account setup. The extender is functional, but I want to have 1 ssid so that I dont have to keep manually switching over to the extender network, for which the setup page is needed.

For clarity, here's what I see. Clicking next does nothing and I can't continue.

girraiffe_0-1688514211618.png

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Genie setup does not work, cannot click next button even though it's blue

Difficult to say where the process fails. Assuming you follow the "Connect With Web Browser Setup" process as shown in the NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender Model EX6100 User Manual Get Started section on p.12 ff. ... 

This "Genie" is just yet another basic Web application.

One possible idea coming into my mind could be that the Web browser (or for the sake some crappy Internet security garbage) does prohibit submit a form in plain http and/or including a password variable. With the many bottom-up changes affecting simple things ... What Web browser (version, and OS platform) are you using for this?

Message 2 of 4
tj999
Aspirant

@girraiffe Did you get anywhere with this please.  I have the same issue - tried 4 different browsers on my laptop as well as mobile 😞

Net gear support didn't really help as my product is out of warranty

Message 3 of 4
girraiffe
Aspirant

Nope, if you still need an extender I would just get a new one. Unless there's some sort of hardware hack to forcefully upload firmware to the device, I believe it's just a brick--which is unfortunate.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7