× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to set IP address for WN3000RPv3 and make it keep

rowekCSS
Initiate

How to set IP address for WN3000RPv3 and make it keep

I really like my WN3000RPv3.  It gets the job done.  I did a quick setup which meant I allowed DHCP to set the IP address.  Now that I have more time I simply want to set the IP address manually.  I found the page in the NetGear Genie setup - Setup...IP Address Setup.   I clicked the radio button to "Use Static IP Address", the text boxes opened up as expected.  I entered the IP Address I wanted and pressed the "Apply" button.  It did not throw an error but it was over too quickly.  Normally the device needs a second or two before you can leave the screen as it applies the settings.  When I navigate away and then back the OLD IP Address that was assigned by DHCP is still there.

How do I make my new IP stick?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Message 1 of 6
Daenerys
Luminary

Did you set the same subnet as the main router? Try turning it off and on after applying the setting and/or set again the IP you would like to set. You may also try updating the firmware if it is not yet on the latest version. Firmware latest version by the way is 1.0.1.24.

Message 2 of 6
rowekCSS
Initiate

Actually, I did.  I turned all hardware off and then back on again.  No luck.  I finally decided to use another browser.  The change stuck if I used Internet Explorer.  It did not stick with Chrome.  Not sure why, but we are now in business.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Daenerys
Luminary

Yeah, heard the same problem before. But glad to know that it's now okay. 

Have a great day!

Message 4 of 6
lbsmith
Aspirant

How do you change your ip address to a dmz for gaming?
Message 5 of 6
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7