× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I keep getting 404 - file or directory not found at last hurdle - any ideas? N300

lexnaughton
Follower

I keep getting 404 - file or directory not found at last hurdle - any ideas? N300

I'm having a hard time trying to get my new wifi extender connected.

I'm in the same room as my router and can link all of my devices to the Netgear but as soon as it says 'once you have connected your devices, mark the checkbox & click continue' and I click the button it goes to 404 - file or directory not found instead of the finish button.

I've tried wiping my cached, cookies &Y browsing history incase this was the problem and I've also tried resetting but I cant get it to work....if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I'm on a laptop - windows 10 - product: N300 wifi extender

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I keep getting 404 - file or directory not found at last hurdle - any ideas? N300

Hello lexnaughton 

Are you having issues connecting devices to the extender or connecting the extender to the router or both? If you can not connect the extender to the router have your tried to use WPS.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
JonJoli
Aspirant

Re: I keep getting 404 - file or directory not found at last hurdle - any ideas? N300

Hello,

I keep getting the exact same issue.

I purchased a Netgear EX2700-100UKS today.

I've tried installing it three times using IE, Chrome and Firefox and at the page where I'm asked to connect my devices to the new _EXT network and tick the box I then get a "404 - File not found" error. I've hard reset the device in between each install attempt and still no success.

All of my devices can see and connect to the _EXT network without issue but none of them can connect to the internet after they've connected to the extended network. The extender shows 4 green lights.

I can't use the WPS option as there isn't a WPS button on my router - a Thomson O2 Wireless Box 3.

This is the first piece of Netgear gear I've ever bought and right now I'm regretting the purchase - it shouldn't be this hard!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jonjoli

Have you tried to change the security type on the router or even remove a password from the router just to test and see if the extender will connect then?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Belmork
Aspirant

Sorry to bump an old post but I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried it multiple times with multiple browsers. I've used my phone as well. I can connect to the router / extender just fine just am unable to finish the setup. It tells me to connect devices and click continue. Once I click continue it gives me a 404 error every time. It's like that page has been deleted. I've tried multiple firmware versions and that hasn't done it either. I dumped it down to the very first firmware and it doesn't give an option to update it before setting it up completely so I'm stuck with the first version now. I've spent a good 8 hours working on this damn thing and don't consider myself stupid when it comes to dealing with router/networking but this one has me stumped. Please for the love of god don't make me have to send this thing back. It's just frustrating.

Message 5 of 6
Belmork
Aspirant

FINALLY! I had to set up a static IP address in order for this **bleep** to work. It was my last resort as I had to reset my current router due to not remembering the login lol. But I got it... Took way to long and shouldn't have had to be done but it's up and going and im happy.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7