× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect password - extender

GemJ
Aspirant

Incorrect password - extender

I've found loads of posts about this for the same model extender and others but not a single one seems to be resolved. Same story: extender was working perfectly, received new router from ISP, connected extender to WiFi, green router light, extender network showing on devices but every time I try to login it says 'incorrect password'. Devices are MS Surface (Windows) laptop, MacBook and Android phone. Because I can't log in to the extender network, I can't access the extender online. Yes I'm definitely using the right password. Yes I tried factory reset several times. Please help?

I orginally posted this earlier today in the wrong part of the forum because I wasn't given an option of topics and had to get a link from another user before I could get to a posting form in the right location.

Previous responses have suggested I log in to the extender but this is not possible without being on the extender network, which I can't get onto due to this issue!...

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Incorrect password - extender

Hi GemJ,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. When you tried to reset the extender, did you undergo the setup process/installation of the extender again? Are you using the same wifi credentials on your new router from the old router? What is the model of your extender?

Please try to reset the extender again, this time for a full minute, press and hold the reset while it's plugged in then unplug after a minute for 10 seconds then replug it and try to see if the extender wifi name revert to the default name.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
WolfmanJack
Aspirant

I am having exactly the same problem with my brand new WiFi Mesh Extender yesterday.  Did exactly as instructed below, have deleted and reinstalled app as well, next step is to shut down power to the whole house.  After spending 40 minutes on hold waiting to speak with someone on the Netgear helpline and finally getting through to someone, I was informed that I had been put to the incorrect area.  The area I needed was provided my number and I was told they would call me back, that was four hours ago.  Keen to hear if you have found a solution.

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 3 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi GemJ and WolfmanJack,

Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7