× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost router connection

gwsmick
Aspirant

Lost router connection

Had everything all setup and all green lights.  Now all lights are green except the router light, which is blank.  What has happened? 

Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Re: Lost router connection

What extender model do you have?

Did you try connecting to the wifi network, and browsing to www.mywifiext.net ?

Message 2 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

Message 3 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

No, I have not tried browsing to www.mywifiext.net.  Didn't need to do that at the original setup.  Worked great for about a week and then lost the router connection, and cannot get it back.

Message 4 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@gwsmick wrote:

No, I have not tried browsing to www.mywifiext.net.  

Well, try it now.  If my.wifiext.net shows no wifi connection to your router, then you can try re-joining the router network from the web ui.

Message 5 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

Web ui?

Message 6 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@gwsmick wrote:

Web ui?

Read the manual.  If you can't find it, then please reply to my earlier question on what extender model you have, and I can point you to the manual.

Overall - the web user interface is used to configure your extender, upgrade it's firmware, etc.  That's similar to the web interface used to configure your router.

Message 7 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

please reply to my earlier question on what extender model you have, and I can point you to the manual.  Netgear EX3700 AC750.

I'll try your suggestions.  Thank you.

Message 8 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

Please provide the following information to have a better understanding of your issue:

1. May I know the complete light status on the extender?
2. May I know the distance between the extender and the router?
3. May I know the make and model of the router you have?

1.  When I installed the extender and setup via WPS all lights were green.  After about 6 or 7 days the router light went blank.

2.  The distance between the extender and router is about 27 feet.

3.  The Netgear extender is an AC750 WiFi range Extender Model EX3700

Thank you for your assistance, Glenn

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@gwsmick wrote:

3.  The Netgear extender is an AC750 WiFi range Extender Model EX3700

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX3700/EX3700_UM_EN.pdf

@gwsmick wrote:

1.  When I installed the extender and setup via WPS all lights were green.  After about 6 or 7 days the router light went blank.

If you didn't try restarting the extender (just remove it from the outlet and reinsert it), then that would be the first step.

If you connect to the extender's network, and browse to https://my.wifiext.net you should get a login prompt and after login you'll see status/configuraton screens.  You can then attempt to reconnect to your router's network from there.  If you get a page that says "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network." then you likely aren't connected to your extender network.

As I mentioned above, one option is to reset the extender and set it up again.  If WPS fails, you can reset it again, and not use WPS.  Read the section "Connect with Web Browser Setup" on page 11 in the manual.

@gwsmick wrote:

2.  The distance between the extender and router is about 27 feet.

That should be fine, though one thing you could try as a test is moving the extender a bit closer to the router.

Message 10 of 11
gwsmick
Aspirant

Not happy with all the "hoops" needed to get this product up and running and stay functional.  Will sell for anyone interested.  Bought for $39.99.  Sell for $30 with free shipping.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7