× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My N300 (model EX2700) extender won't accept my Wi-Fi network password

SmooBG
Initiate

My N300 (model EX2700) extender won't accept my Wi-Fi network password

The instructions say to "Use the same WiFi password that you use for your WiFi router".  I've repeated this process 15 or 20 times.  Doesn't work...

I connected with WPS.  I even restored it to factory settings, and did the whole thing over.  Doesn't work....

Thanks, anyone who can help....

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
SmooBG
Initiate

Re: My N300 (model EX2700) extender won't accept my Wi-Fi network password

I finally got Netgear tech support on the phone.  Here's what I had to do:  While the extender was plugged into the wall near the WiFi box, I had to hit the 'factory reset' button using a paperclip for 60 seconds.  The light on the extender turned orange while doing this.  I let the light turn green, and stabilize.  Next, I went to find the 'Netgear_EXT' network on my Available WiFi networks section (I had to 'refresh' my list to see this).  I enetered the same password as I use for my network.  I was then connected to 'Netgear_EXT'.  I then had to connect to 'Netgear_EXT' on all of my phones, ipads, etc.  Once that was done, I could move my extender to a different spot in the house.  It's working well now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
peterpav
Aspirant

I've had this exact same problem with my EX6100. 

Has anybody got a fix for this?

Message 2 of 3
SmooBG
Initiate

I finally got Netgear tech support on the phone.  Here's what I had to do:  While the extender was plugged into the wall near the WiFi box, I had to hit the 'factory reset' button using a paperclip for 60 seconds.  The light on the extender turned orange while doing this.  I let the light turn green, and stabilize.  Next, I went to find the 'Netgear_EXT' network on my Available WiFi networks section (I had to 'refresh' my list to see this).  I enetered the same password as I use for my network.  I was then connected to 'Netgear_EXT'.  I then had to connect to 'Netgear_EXT' on all of my phones, ipads, etc.  Once that was done, I could move my extender to a different spot in the house.  It's working well now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7