× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Roku Ultra will not connect to Netgear WN3000RP extender

AngieRose
Aspirant

New Roku Ultra will not connect to Netgear WN3000RP extender

I have a new Roku Ultra, it will not connect to the Netgear extender, no matter what I have tried.  All the Roku troubleshooting tips do not work. Prior to this new model of Roku, I had a 4 yr old Roku 2 that worked just fine with the extender. All my other devices work with the extender. (iPad, HP laptop,iPhone). Roku has suggested I contact Netgear. Does anyone have suggestions. 

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New Roku Ultra will not connect to Netgear WN3000RP extender

Hello AngieRose

Is the Roku seeing the network and failed to connect? If so what message do you get?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
AngieRose
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Yes, the Netgear extender is a choice of two. Roku does see it. And yes, it has the best signal, and always has.  It just won't connect like my old Roku 2 did. At the present time I have decided to not pursue connecting to the Netgear extender becuase while the signal from the main Netgear router (R6300v2) is "fair to good", I am able to adequatly stream from Amazon and Netflix fine. 

I do like the new clarity and speed of the new Roku Ultra, even though the remote "eats" batteries in about 6 hours. I have purchased a new rechargeable double AA battery charger just for the Roku remote.  I use the ear buds.  I contacted Roku and they told me that is normal for the Roku Ultra. 

I'm not sure I would buy Roku or especially the Ultra again knowing the problems with it refusing to connect to the Netgear extender, and the battery usage on the remote. As the saying goes, new is not always better. 

Message 3 of 6
AngieRose
Aspirant

Darren, I will need to turn it on, and go through the settings to let you know exactly what I see. Be back later. ~Angie

Message 4 of 6
AngieRose
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

The main Netgear router has 3 bars, the Netgear Extender has 5 bars. 

I try to connect, entering the correct password. 

The screen shows a "green check" mark by the "connects to wireless network".  But, no connections to the "local network" or "the internet".  Below that is error code 014.50

I've did all the troubleshooting tips I can think of. Talked to Roku customer service, two different reps. and they are no help.  Thanks for any ideas you may have to solve this problem, which by the way I'm not the only one having this problem. 

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello AngieRose

I know you said you did a lot of troubleshooting with this have you tried to change the wireless security type or even just to test the wireless by removing the password?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7