× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nexus 7 (2013) tablet wifi connection issues

Chesty
Aspirant

Nexus 7 (2013) tablet wifi connection issues

Model: EX6000|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nexus 7 (2013) tablet wifi connection issues

Hello Chesty

Can you give some more details on the issues you are having.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Chesty
Aspirant

Sorry for the brevity but have spent many hours trying to find a solution for my issue but can't resolve. Will try here.

1) Two dell 3537 laptops in use and both of them can access and use the Netgear??_2GEXT.
2) Three Nexus 7 2013 in play and previously up until about a week ago all three were able to access the extender.

3) The physical spread from the router to extender is about 25' and the distance to location of the tablet and a laptop is another 25' or so. And as I said, all 5 of these devices were working fine until about a week ago.

4) In that I could not find online assistance and the fact the extender is out of warranty I have ordered an EX6200 which should be here early next week. Frankly speaking I bought the new one simply because it was recommended by Netgear personnel and I could get 90 days of warranty assistance.

Obviously I would like to get back where all was well with these five devices so any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ed
Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Chesty

The first thing I would try is to factory reset the extender and try the setup again. After that I would tell all of your devices to forget the old ext network. Then try to connect again also you may want to check for the latest firmware for the extender.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Chesty
Aspirant

I made all efforts expressed here. Still a failure. BUT resolved the matter by buying Netgear ex6200 all is now well!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7