× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please help: I can't connect my EX6100 to my T-Mobile Nokia 5621 Gateway...

Westovers
Aspirant

Please help: I can't connect my EX6100 to my T-Mobile Nokia 5621 Gateway...

It can connect through my older wireless D-Link router, but not directly to the Nokia Gateway. Is it not compatible?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Please help: I can't connect my EX6100 to my T-Mobile Nokia 5621 Gateway...

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 6
Westovers
Aspirant

I have not tried using the WPS button, and have only used the installation assistant after a hard reset and over wireless and a cable, but it still won't connect. Thank you for your help. Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

From researching that router it seems like they have an option for mesh with it to add nokia's beacons (their own mesh setup). 

Not 100% as I don't have one to play with.

You could look to see if there's anyway to disable that in settings as that can create issues. 

Message 4 of 6
Westovers
Aspirant

Ugh. Just realized I mistyped--it's the T-Mobile Nokia 5G21 Gateway (not 5621) that I'm trying to connect to... (How may I edit my original post?)

I don't seem to have access to few, if any, settings... Do you see a user manual with instructions or details anywhere for how to do what you are proposing?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

I did lookup the 5g21. It might be worth talking to either nokia/tmobile about its potential for adding an extender and what settings are available. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7