× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding with EX6420

semola1
Tutor

Port Forwarding with EX6420

Hi all, 

I have a trouble using my new Extender Netgear EX6420.

I need to open, on my router, a few ports on a few ip addresses.

I noticed that the extender assigns the same (virtual) mac address to all the devices connected to the network cable.
Consequently, the router is not able to assign a specific port to each IP address since for him the available mac address is only one.
How can I do to resolve?

Thanks,

Marcello 

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Port Forwarding with EX6420

Hello semola1, 

If you recently purchased the device, please note that your extender is provided with 90 days of complimentary support from our Support Team who can also assist with setup. You can get in contact with support using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
semola1
Tutor

Hi Christian, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I knew about 90 days but I also have a problem with product registration. entering the serial I get this error: "the country of purchase is not valid". I don't know how to register the extender for assistance

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi semola1, 

I can assist with getting you some help. Please send me a message with your email address and serial number.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
semola1
Tutor

Hi Christian,

yesterday I contacted local Netgear support (Italy) and they recorded the serial. They also opened the ticket to me concerning the problem of port-forwarding.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7