× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with wifi extender EX6120

Ogiee
Tutor

Problem with wifi extender EX6120

I Have a problem . Firstly my extender lost connection to router but i coudl still log into extender wifi without the internet . After looking on help sites I done a factory reset but now wanting to connect again to router by WPS I cant
I tried even with Ethernet and its still doesnt bond together . What to do? Is my extender broken? I had him since 2021.01 and he was wanderfull . But since a week it just stoped and i can bring him back
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ogiee
Tutor

Re: Problem with wifi extender EX6120

Dude after all this crap i found solution that i made my self xD In the router setings i black listed 1 thing that that extender was working on because i brought it back and extender now works as intendet . I was woried that that was sth other and was stealing my internet soooo sr for making You on feet to help me. If someone has similar problem i recommend checking your conncted devices . I dont know but i was working with it on the black list for like 4 weeks it just suddenly stoped . Thats why i coudn't connect it by WPS or so . Much thanks dude still for your time have a lovely day and i give you much credit for your suggestions 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Don't connect it to the router with ethernet. Reason why is when its hardwired into the router, it needs to be setup in access point mode and not extender mode. You'd have to re-run setup. 

After your reset, did you try setting it up using the installation assistant? If not, try that. Here's a video of how to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

you might need to factory reset 1 more time to get back to default if you were clicking on the wps button. 

Message 2 of 6
Ogiee
Tutor

I Have manage to create wifi extension but it doesnt have internet connection. Netgear assistan helped but router LED is still not working
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the extender? 
What router are you connecting it to? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to?

If you log into your router, are you able to view the extender under the attached devices list? 

Message 4 of 6
Ogiee
Tutor

Dude after all this crap i found solution that i made my self xD In the router setings i black listed 1 thing that that extender was working on because i brought it back and extender now works as intendet . I was woried that that was sth other and was stealing my internet soooo sr for making You on feet to help me. If someone has similar problem i recommend checking your conncted devices . I dont know but i was working with it on the black list for like 4 weeks it just suddenly stoped . Thats why i coudn't connect it by WPS or so . Much thanks dude still for your time have a lovely day and i give you much credit for your suggestions 🙂
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it fixed!

You might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it. 

Plus it helps others find the solution. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7