× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range Extender with NAT ???

BarryinSeneca
Follower

Range Extender with NAT ???

I'm in a location that has horrible internet service (1mb/s) and the only realistic choice is using a mobile hotspot (tablet). It offers unlimited 30-60mb/s. Unfortunately, it supports only 8 devices, and will not hotspot via USB or ethernet... only WIFI. I need a device to increase the WIFI to 24 or more devices.

Essentially, I need a regular wireless/wired Router, but with a WIFI WAN/internet input. (instead of ethernet).
or

Another possibility would be a WIFI extender with built NAT and a DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the connected devices (like in a router). It would present only one IP address to the hotspot regardless of the number of devices attached.

The problem is that regular WIFI extenders simply pass through the IP addresses of all the connected devices to the hosting hotspot... to make things worse, the extender itself becomes another connected device.

I can't believe that I'm the only one in the world who needs to connect more than 8 devices to their home hotspot.

Suggestions???

Message 1 of 2
Synoptex
Aspirant

Re: Range Extender with NAT ???

Hi, Barryin.

I also have the same problem. I use internet onboard a ship. To do it, I need to connect to a ships Wi-Fi, enter my ligon and password and I get a slow and limited in time internet conection for one IP adress.

So I am also looking for the same Range Extender with NAT onboard. Just bought TP-Link RE350, and it is not working with NAT. Now planning to check the NETGEAR, but looks like the don't have this either.

Try to check ALFA products, or also I know that a lot of cheap Chinese extenders work with NAT with no problem. 

NETGEAR, please reply and give us an advice on this matter.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7