× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range extender not connecting right with the router

squirrelhunter
Aspirant

Range extender not connecting right with the router

I have a Netgear EX2700 Wifi range extender and until yesterday it was working. I had to run a test on my internet which required unplugging the extender and shutting off the internet. When I was done I started the internet back up but the extender won't connect to the internet. I use the WPS method but afterwards the WPS light stays on on the extender but the router light will just blink every 30 seconds or so. I've tried resetting the extender to factory specs,pushing the WPS button on the router first,pushing the WPS button on the extender first,having the extender in different locations and everything,same result. I've tried doing it manually but www.mywifiext.net doesn't help it's not for my model.I've looked all over the Netgear site and haven't found any helpful information.I've also reset the router and extender both but I still have the same result,the WPS light is staying a xolid green like it's communicating  with the routerbut the router light on the extender still just blinks and won't stay solid,the device light on the extender never comes on or even blinks. Am I missing something or doing something wrong or is the extender faulty? Please advise.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Range extender not connecting right with the router

Hell squirrelhunter, 

Would you mind providing us with what happens when you attempt to access www.mywifiext.net

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7