× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Signal Strength LED stays on RED continuously

Gili756
Aspirant

Signal Strength LED stays on RED continuously

Something bizarre is happening with my unit: per instructions I located the unit in the same room with my dual band router (actually, about 2 feet away from it), and began setting it up. Now the strange part begins: first, the unit absolutely refuses to connect to the 2.4 GHz band; it only connects to the 5.0 GHz band; second, even though the unit is two feet away from the router, the signal quality LED stays on red continuously regardless of what I do.

How could the signal quality be poor, when the extender is so close to the router, and wifi analytics shows 3-4 bars of signal strength?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Signal Strength LED stays on RED continuously

Make sure the unit is on the latest firmware and them you may want to try and factory reset the unit by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds then set the extender up again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Gili756
Aspirant

Re: Signal Strength LED stays on RED continuously

Actually, all has been resolved without a factory-reset. It turns out my 2.4GHz band became disabled during the initial setup. Once I reran the smart setup, I was able to reactivate the 2.eGHz band. Now both bads are active, and all LED's on my extender are a steady white. I haven't had any other issues since running the smart setup. I am a very happy person right now.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7