× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WGR614v10 repeater

fixitman
Aspirant

WGR614v10 repeater

I know there are posts that are close to this, but I need exact instructions on setting up this router as a repeater. So that I can put it any where in my house and this router can extend my wifi signal. I am tired of poor wifi signals. Please help me in my ignorance.

Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @fixitman

Welcome to the community!

What's the main router that you'll repeat the signal with the WGR614v10?

Make sure that the main router is capable of WDS technology.

The configuration of a router to be a repeater is similar on all routers. See this link on how to set it up.

Message 2 of 4
fixitman
Aspirant

Sorry for the late delay. I have been under the weather and unable to do much. I have the Comtrend WR-5882 and I looked at the admin page of this router, and i only found the WPS not WDS. Which i found out are not the same. I thought that might have been a typo, i was wrong. I also looked at the Comtrend's page and i am not finding the WDS, but maybe I am over looking something. I included the link to the page for the comtrend for you. 

Thank you for your assistance and information. 

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@fixitman It's on page 89 of the manual. The steps might be a little different since you're using a different router.

If your main router is Comtrend then follow the steps from the manual first then on the NETGEAR look for the Wireless Repeating steps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7