× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP won't connect to Samsung Tab S2

dave590
Follower

WN3000RP won't connect to Samsung Tab S2

I have used a WN3000RP for a couple of years with an HP laptop, Samsung Galaxy Note and various Samsung phones. I have now bought a Samsung Tab S2 8.0 tablet. It sees the WN3000RP but cannot connect to it. I have undated the WN3000RP firmware but it has not made any difference. The Tablet connects to the wifi router fine, just not the WN3000RP. Error message is "Falied to obtain IP address" Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
shali
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RP won't connect to Samsung Tab S2

I have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet.  It will connect to my network but not the WN3000RP connected to the network.  Seems as though no one here has an answer (or cares) and I did read a thread where someone replaced their Netgear extender with an extender from a different company (think it was linksys) and it worked perfectly with the Samsung product.  I guess this will probably be our only recourse.

Message 2 of 3
shali
Aspirant

Re: WN3000RP won't connect to Samsung Tab S2

Well I'm back for an update to this problem that NetGear refuses to comment on.  I decided to do some research in Static IP's to see if that would solve my problem.  With my extender, I can connect and get my tablet to recognize it and it will connect to it but it won't KEEP the connection for very long.  I decided to log into mywifiext.net and assign it a static ip address and so far, so good.  That may be the answer (for some odd reason).

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7