× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which wi-fi extender works with AT&T

jmb3810
Aspirant

Which wi-fi extender works with AT&T

I need to get a wi-fi extender. Which is the best to get for an AT&T uverse aaris NVG589.
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Which wi-fi extender works with AT&T

@jmb3810 wrote:
I need to get a wi-fi extender. Which is the best to get for an AT&T uverse aaris NVG589.
Thanks

This is an N300 router (single band, 802.11N).  A WN3000RP would work (and is the same speed as your router). 

Can you give us some more info on what you are thinking of doing - 

• If you are trying to cover a dead spot?
  • If you are wanting to provide ethernet for a device that has no wifi?
  • Something else?

Either way, how far away is the spot you are trying to reach, and what obstacles are there between that spot and the router?

Message 2 of 5
jmb3810
Aspirant

I installed a Kuna security light and it needs a wi-fi signal. The signal gets very weak when it reaches the front door from the back of the house.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@jmb3810 wrote:
I installed a Kuna security light and it needs a wi-fi signal. The signal gets very weak when it reaches the front door from the back of the house.

Sounds like the WN3000RP would be reasonable then.  Place the extender towards the front of the house (close enough to the router to get a good connection to it, but also close enough to the Kuna to reach it).

Message 4 of 5
jmb3810
Aspirant

Thanks so much!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series