× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi Extender Won’t Connect to Some Apps/Sites

Sleepy_Legs
Tutor

WiFi Extender Won’t Connect to Some Apps/Sites

My Network: AX3600 Insight Managed Router (Firmware version 10.2.0.16), AX1800 Mesh Extender (Firmware version 1.0.3.36)

Issue: I recently got a new router and a range extender to help cover my whole house, but I’m running into a weird issue. When any device (phone, desktop PC, laptop, iPad) connects via the extender, it loses the ability to connect to some websites. For instance, I can connect to Facebook fine, but if I try to connect to Twitter, it fails to load. When I try to connect to those sites via the Wi-Fi from the router, everything loads perfectly.

Attempted Fixes: Factory reset of both devices, firmware update, cycling both devices and the modem, cursing.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Have you tried setting the extender with a static ip address?

Message 2 of 6
Sleepy_Legs
Tutor

My modem is a Nokia Beacon (Model G-2426G-B) provided by my ISP.

I tried setting the IP address to static (please let me know if there’s a specific static address that I should try), and the problem persists.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

So that nokia is its own router as well. Do you have your insight managed router running in access point mode? 

Or do you have the nokia in passthrough mode? 

It could be the double nat added into using an extender causing issues. 

Or does the extender work if setup with the nokia? 

Message 4 of 6
Sleepy_Legs
Tutor

I was able to get the extender to work fully with the Nokia’s Wi-Fi. The ISP (I think) has some admin control on it, so I may need to contact them to do a mode change if that’s ultimately the fix. I had turned off the Nokia’s broadcasting, but it sounds like there’s another level I hadn’t considered. 

I did have the insight router set to AP mode - should it have been something else given the Nokia’s configuration?

In any case, I have Wi-Fi throughout my house. Thank you, plemans!

Message 5 of 6
marshray
Aspirant

Ich konnte den Extender dazu bringen, mit dem Wi-Fi des Nokia vollständig zusammenzuarbeiten. Der ISP (glaube ich) hat eine gewisse Steuerung des Administrators. Daher muss ich sie möglicherweise kontaktieren, um eine Modusänderung vorzunehmen, wenn dies letztendlich die Lösung ist. Ich hatte das Rundfunk des Nokia ausgeschaltet, aber es hört sich so an, als ob es ein anderes Level gibt, an das ich mich nicht in Betracht gezogen hatte.

Ich hatte den Insight -Router auf den AP -Modus eingestellt - sollte es angesichts der Konfiguration des Nokia etwas anderes gewesen sein?

Auch auf meiner Mini -Miliz Doodle Army 2 wird es nicht verbunden. Was soll ich machen?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7