× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wifi range extender ex3700. the ROUTER link led flashes

azzurra
Aspirant

wifi range extender ex3700. the ROUTER link led flashes

the Router led is green....but it flashes.The Internet's connection is right...but I'd like to know why the led is flashing instead to be solid.Can you help me?thank you

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

This does sound wrong to me.

Confirm you talk of the EX3700 (or the similar EX3920 as a mode tagged)? As "off" would indicate no connection, flashing might indicate a connection problem.

Confirm it's just green flashing, not changing to amber or red?

Access the extender using http://mywifiext.net/ (while connected to the extender) - check if the status page does show any oddities, also reload. Similar, you could do some checks using ping from a computer connected to the router LAN IP to discover if the connection is bouncing somehow.

Update to the current firmware - I would suggest using the manual method (download and unpack the ZIP archive on a computer, and upload while connectd direct to the extender.

If this does not cure, do a factory reset (button or Web UI), and reconfigure the extender from scratch.

If this does not help, and case this is a factory new device or a device under warranty, get in touch with the customer service - this might be a hardware problem.

Message 2 of 4
azzurra
Aspirant

I confirm that the model is ex 3700...

The led flashes only in green.....never other colors.

I update the firmware.

I access the extender using http://mywifiext.net/ (while connected to the extender)...the Internet connection is right...but for a meanwhile it is possibile to have a bad connection or no signal wifi....

for example..in this moment it is all right.

and the led is solid green.....

It is possibile to download an APP in Smart tv to control the interference of the signal?

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I don't think the flashing is caused by interference.  

Apps can look at the signal strength of various wifi signals,  which can sometimes be useful in choosing the channels.  However, there aren't any apps like that for my own SMART tv.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7