× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I make my router to automatically connect to the internet?

RedIndianRobin
Aspirant

How do I make my router to automatically connect to the internet?

Hey all,

So my new router came in yesterday and I set it up today. Thing is, it works fine. It connects to the internet when I provide my ISP username and password. However, the issue is, I can't get the router to automatically connect to the internet everytime I turn it off and on. I have to manually get to the internet settings page and click connect to connect it. This is ridiculously bull**bleep** as everytime I have to turn on my PC and go to the settings page to connect it. I never had these type of issues when I used TP-link or D-link routers(this is the first time I'm getting a Netgear router.) Is there anyway I can make the router automatically connect to the internet without having to manually do it myself? 

Please help someone! 😞 

Here is the screenshot of the internet setup page:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I make my router to automatically connect to the internet?

@RedIndianRobin wrote:
Does Netgear routers even have this feature of connecting automatically to the internet?

Yes. If they are set up correctly. That is why I pointed you at that page in the manual.

As you have added a new router to your modem, you may need to go through the network setup process again.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies

We'll have to wait for the screenshot to get approved.

The WNR614, as in your "footer", is a router. So what is your modem?

There is a manual for the device somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR614 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

I assume that you have set the correct Connection Mode. See page 20.

Message 2 of 6
RedIndianRobin
Aspirant

So why is my screenshot not getting approved? And yes, I did exactly what's said at page 20. My modem is a Optilink(provided by the ISP) not sure about the model though. Modem is perfectly fine as it automatically connects with other branded routers. 

I'm still suffering from the problem though. I have to manually connect to the internet everytime I shut the router down. Does Netgear routers even have this feature of connecting automatically to the internet? Somebody pls help. 

Message 3 of 6

@RedIndianRobin wrote:
Does Netgear routers even have this feature of connecting automatically to the internet?

Yes. If they are set up correctly. That is why I pointed you at that page in the manual.

As you have added a new router to your modem, you may need to go through the network setup process again.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 4 of 6
RedIndianRobin
Aspirant

Wow! So I did it in the given sequence and it actually works. The router now connects automatically to the internet IF I turn on the router AFTER my modem completes the boot sequence. Earlier, I switched on my modem and router at the same time and was having this issue. So am I suppose to always follow this sequence for the router to automatically connect to the internet? Thanks for you help BTW. 

Message 5 of 6

@RedIndianRobin wrote:

Earlier, I switched on my modem and router at the same time and was having this issue.

That's not how it tells you to do things in the Installation Guide which is also available at the end of the link I provided. It may also be in the box that the router came in.

So am I suppose to always follow this sequence for the router to automatically connect to the internet?

See the Installation Guide.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7