× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

On Networks n300r ddwrt

ngmaa
Aspirant

On Networks n300r ddwrt

Hi!  I'd like to flash an open source software on the On Networks N300R.  DDWRT works great on the N150, albeit an old version of DDWRT.

Can anyone tell me an open source firmware available for the N300R?  Or at least a Netgear hardware equivalent?  

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: On Networks n300r ddwrt

@ngmaa I apologize but the only information I can give is the product's manual and the unit has been EOL for a long time.

http://www.on-networks.com/products/routers/n300.aspx

Now, regarding the equivalent product model of this On Networks, you may want to check WNR2000v5. Somehow, that's the closest model number that is similar to N300R. 

When it comes to using 3rd party, we do not support and recommend the use of 3rd party firmware because it will void the warranty.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @ngmaa

Welcome to the community!

As far as NETGEAR is concerned, we do not recommend the use of 3rd party software on our products for it will void the warranty.

Warranty Return Policy

Message 2 of 6
ngmaa
Aspirant

I appreciate that Elaine.  However, the stock firmware is inadequate.  I'd like to make the router into a repeater, and monitor the bandwidth utilization.

Do you happen to know the Netgear equivalent model number that would be a compatible firmware?  If no, can you at least provide me with technical details on the unit, like RAM, ROM, CPU, and Chipset?  And anything else that you might think is important?

Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's the exact model number of the NETGEAR router?

Let me see if I can get those information for you.

Message 4 of 6
ngmaa
Aspirant

The following information is printed on the outside...

On Networks N300R.
FCC ID PY310400149.
Also lists N10947 Z1067
And 272-11441-02

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ngmaa I apologize but the only information I can give is the product's manual and the unit has been EOL for a long time.

http://www.on-networks.com/products/routers/n300.aspx

Now, regarding the equivalent product model of this On Networks, you may want to check WNR2000v5. Somehow, that's the closest model number that is similar to N300R. 

When it comes to using 3rd party, we do not support and recommend the use of 3rd party firmware because it will void the warranty.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7