× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108E Guest Network VLAN

Xavier007
Follower

GS108E Guest Network VLAN

Hello NETGEAR Com!!

I would like to isolate my Guest Network (currently residing on the NETGEAR CAX30 WiFi Router/Modem combo) on the NETGEAR GS108E Swicth.  I'm currently using the Guest Network for my security camers.  I don't need them to stay there, but I do want them on a sepearte Network, able to communicate with eachother, but not the rest of the Network.  How can I get them on a seperate VLAN on the GS108E Switch?

My NETGEAR CAX30 WiFi Router/Modem combo is currently connected to Port 1of the GS108E Switch with the following configuration- all of which can be chamged.

Xavier007_0-1655014955048.png

Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers!

A-

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108E Guest Network VLAN

Here again, like on all common consumer Netgear routers: What is advertised as a guest network in the marketing blush, becomes a little bit more clear when  looking e.g. into the Nighthawk AX6 AX2700 WiFI Cable Modem Router User Manual does designate it like

"Set up a guest WiFi network
A guest network allows visitors to use the Internet without using your WiFi security
password or with a different WiFi password. By default, the guest WiFi network is
disabled. You can enable and configure the guest WiFi network for each WiFi band."

The point is "guest WiFi network" - to my knowledge, all these devices don't have a real wired isolated guest network, neither on a dedicated port, nor on a VLAN.

So there is nothing these web configured or smart or managed switches can do in this context, at least not without adding e.g. an additional router.

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements