× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

No IP as splash URL possible (WAX610)

LimaTom64
Aspirant

No IP as splash URL possible (WAX610)

Dear Pro's,

yesterday I updated the FW on my WAX610 (10.8.6.3), since then I can no longer specify an IP for the splash URL for a captive portal (see error message in fig.1). Is that a bug? Before I did the update, I was able to specify an IP there and everything worked fine. The CP that has already been set up still works, but I can't set up a new one. How can you solve the problem?

netgear_wax610.jpg
fig.1

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: No IP as splash URL possible (WAX610)

Just a little bit vague what exactly you wanted to configure. Reading about a Splash Page URL leads me to the idea you talk of an External Captive Portal config in a much less common way. Please also provide some sample URL you try to configure, using just an IP address, instead of the more common DNS name. The point is the plain error message does not say that much to the interested reader like me. Did the previous installed firmware allowed to configure this splash URL? Thank you for helping Netgear (I'm not Netgear) a little bit more.

Message 2 of 3
LimaTom64
Aspirant

Re: No IP as splash URL possible (WAX610)

Dear Schumaku,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, you're right, there weren't enough details.

And yes, it is an external captive portal. With the previous FW version it wasn't a problem.

But I "solved" the problem differently by using an OPNsense device for it.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements