Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor Subscription not Showing APP

ACR85
Follower

Armor Subscription not Showing APP

Hi Netgear Community,

I've received a notification email from Netgear saying that my Armor subscription for my RAX50 was coming to renewal date soon (19-Oct-2022).

My product (the only Netgear one I have) is fully registered on my Netgear account and onboarded on the Nighthawk App, and they say:

"For Armor or Smart Parental Control

Open your Orbi or Nighthawk app and go to Menu, click on My Subscriptions, followed by Subscription."

However:

1- When I open the Nighthawk APP, 'My Subscriptions' doesn't appear on the menu, nowhere to be seen.

2- When I go to Settings -> Security, it only offers me to Activate a Trial !

3- When I go through the Web Support page it does confirm that my Subscription is Active for this product

Now getting yo the best thing, I want to manage this subscription and it says that I must go through the app to do it but as explained above I can't !!

---

To view your NETGEAR Armor subscription plan:

1. Launch the Orbi or Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
  2. Enter your NETGEAR account credentials and tap Sign in.
  3. Tap the home icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap Security.
    The Security page displays your current Armor subscription status and expiration date.

---

Now the big final, if I want to contact the Support Team I need to purchase a support contract!

So basically I am paying for a subscription that I can't manage, that doesn't seem to be 'online/active' on my device, and must PAY to obtain Support here!

---> Is this a joke??

Anyone got the same issue and could provide me with some advice?

Cheers,

AC

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 8
bgmason
Aspirant

I have the same issue where I cannot activate Armor on my Orbi RBR750 despite showing an active subscription.

When I exhaust all options and try the contact shown by FURRYe38 which is:

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

There is no way to contact support for a subscription service.

From the Orbi APP if I go to Home then My Subscriptions it shows an active subscription set to auto renew in May 2023.  If I go to Home > Settings > Security > I cannot enable Armor nor can I launch Armor.  In the middle of the screen, it shows the Shield with a green check mark and says Updating Armor.  If I go to the main screen and select Security I get an error that say, " We're sorry. Something went wrong with the Armor subscription status update.  We keep ....."

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 8
C1bear
Aspirant

I'm having same issue on my app for my RAX50 ive contact tech support 4 time's its been 2 weeks now smh
Message 4 of 8
CarlosFu
Aspirant

I have the same issue on my Netgear router.

Does someone had a solution from Netgear support team?
Best regards.

Message 5 of 8
markroth
Aspirant

1st screen1st screen2nd screen showing failure2nd screen showing failure

RBR50v2 — Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router

IOS app for ORBI is having same problem as above in regards to showing Armor as if it does not exist as an active subscription. This is a major issue because the web UI for Orbi won't let you do anything security related and says you have to use the mobile app.

Message 6 of 8
Coolbeans202
Aspirant

I’m currently having this issue as well. Did anybody get this worked out?
Message 7 of 8
markroth
Aspirant

I got help from a support person, but can’t remember if it was Netgear or the security company. They reset something on the account and it showed up again. Probably most straightforward is to open support chat with Netgear.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7