Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I disable STP on my SXR80?

shejialun
Aspirant

How do I disable STP on my SXR80?

Hello

I'm having some problems with the SXR80, when I connect to the uplinked gateway through the WAN 2.5G port, sometimes there is a high latency when pinging the gateway ip on my computer, but this problem doesn't exist when I switch to port2 LAN1 through the WAN settings, but I found out it might be related to the STP through the wireshark because the packet captured data shows that the two ports have the The STP data is a bit different between these two ports, and the R7000 I used for testing does not have STP, so I want to test this by disabling STP.
So how do I disable STP on this device? thanks.

Test process: R7000 as DHCP gateway, SXR80's WAN 2.5G port is connected to R7000's LAN port, at this time, the computer is connected to SXR80's LAN port, and then ping the R7000's management ip on the computer.

1.jpg

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: How do I disable STP on my SXR80?

Not aware having seen controls to disable STP (or probably more RSTP), as this is a key component for the operation of these Mesh systems.

Message 2 of 3
shejialun
Aspirant

Re: How do I disable STP on my SXR80?

Based on the issues I'm experiencing, since there is a delay of several hundred to several thousand milliseconds when using the WAN port although pinging the ISP gateway ip, there seems to be no actual effect on internet access, and the associated ping delay data cannot be seen in wireshark, only the presence of STP packets.
The most important thing is that the ISP gateway and the R7000 router used are not using STP, so it seems difficult to determine whether the cause of the failure phenomenon is caused by STP.

How do I determine whether a WAN port hardware failure or an STP issue is causing this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements