× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 4312 Not pinging

Dwrws
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 4312 Not pinging

I have readynas 4312 i am not able to ping the NAS also not able to find the NAS on Raidar software
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Dwrws wrote:
I have readynas 4312 i am not able to ping the NAS also not able to find the NAS on Raidar software

What happens if you power down, remove the disks, and power up again? 

Normally when you do that, you would be able to ping the NAS, and RAIDar would find it with a no disks status.

Label the disks by slot as you remove them, so you can easily restore them to the same slot after this test.  Make sure the NAS is powered down when you put them back.

Message 2 of 8
Dwrws
Aspirant

all disks are removed and power up the NAS but still the same problem, NAS is not pinging.  Raidar also not finding the NAS

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Dwrws wrote:

all disks are removed and power up the NAS but still the same problem, NAS is not pinging.  Raidar also not finding the NAS

What is the ethernet LED status?

Have you tried a different ethernet port on the NAS?

Message 4 of 8
Dwrws
Aspirant

Tried all 4 ports but problem is same.
In ethernet port only 1 green LED is glowing.
Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Dwrws wrote:
Tried all 4 ports but problem is same.
In ethernet port only 1 green LED is glowing.

How about the health LED on the front, and the power supply LED on the back?

I am thinking either you have a NIC failure or a power supply failure.

But I don't own any rack-mount ReadyNAS, so hopefully @Sandshark will comment.

Message 6 of 8
Dwrws
Aspirant

Health LED is not glowing, power supply LED is continuously Blinking.

Both Power supply is working.. 

@Sandshark pls help..

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

If you have only one power supply plugged in, then the LED on the other should be blinking.  But otherwise, I think they should not.  Have they always done so?  The don't on a 4220.  So try each power supply by itself, and in each of the two slots.  And by "by itself", I mean just the one plugged in.

Does it seem like the NAS is actually booting and gets to the point it lowers the fan speed?

The best thing you can do to troubleshoot (and maybe get the data off the NAS, if it comes to that) is to install a video card so you can watch the boot process and access the Linux console, assuming it boots to the point the console is available.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements