Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected to router, but no internet

colbyldickerson
Aspirant

Connected to router, but no internet

I have a AC2000 WiFi Router (R6850) . We had no problem with the router beforehand but around 4 days ago we had medium rain fall and our internet went out during it, however, it is still out but is functioning properly turning on and the WiFi SSID allows me to connect to it but no internet is connected to the Router. All the cables are plugged in to the proper locations and I have researched solutions but I have a built in modem, the cable from my satellite on top of the house is connected to a Ubiquiti power adapter which connects to my router via a internet cable. I reset  the router to factory settings and visited routerlogin.net and did everything I'm aware of but still not sure how to go about it. I also power cycled it but nothing is working, we've had it for a few months no

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connected to router, but no internet

Is the Internet LED on top of the router AMBER by chance? 

Sounds like the ISP services are not working up to the router. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Make contact with the ISP to secure there services are good up to the modem and router.

Message 2 of 8

@colbyldickerson wrote:

All the cables are plugged in to the proper locations and I have researched solutions but I have a built in modem, the cable from my satellite on top of the house is connected to a Ubiquiti power adapter which connects to my router via a internet cable.

What is that modem? What is the Internet service?

I assume that the Ubiquiti power adapter is something to do with Power over Ethernet (PoE)?

Message 3 of 8
colbyldickerson
Aspirant

• No, the power button is solid green and the third light is green and blinking.
  • We don't have a modem, we have the Ubiquiti power box and the router itself.
  • We have powered it off many times and turned it back on and unplugged it from the power strip and wall it's connected to but nothing has worked, I haven't kept it powered off for 1 minute but I can when I'm home.
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Connect up a wired PC or laptop to this power box and check as well. If you don't get any thing here, then the ISP needs to check into this. 

Message 5 of 8
colbyldickerson
Aspirant

• I'm not sure I've just read my router might have a built in modem since I don't have a modem that's separate from the router. 
  • I believe the internet service is AT&T, that's what I was told.
  • Yes the power adapter has a plug in it that say PoE and an Ethernet cable is plugged into it from the satellite on top the house.
Message 6 of 8
colbyldickerson
Aspirant

I'll try this when I'm home thank you.

Message 7 of 8

@colbyldickerson wrote:
  • Yes the power adapter has a plug in it that say PoE and an Ethernet cable is plugged into it from the satellite on top the house.

That "satellite on top the house" usually means this is not your average Internet service.

Is it a dish that connects to the satellite or a dish that connects to the cellular network?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7