Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Keeps Dropping Connection When Streaming

Alex891007
Follower

Router Keeps Dropping Connection When Streaming

Hello,

Around 3 weeks ago, we starting noticing out of the blue that whenever we streamed video on our Roku the internet would drop after about 3-4 minutes.  We realized this was not a Roku issue almost immediately because all other devices in our condo would drop signal as well for 1-2 minutes.  I have gone through the steps of unplugging both the modem and router for extended period and plugging them back in.  Additionally, I did some trouble shooting of connecting directly to the modem.  Video appears to run fine without interruption when connected to the modem.

For background we live in a 1200 sf condo and the router is located within 5 feet of the Roku in question.  Additionally our other Roku device located in the next room has experienced identical issues.  If someone could provide me some next steps for troubleshooting this, that would be much appreciated.  We're at the point where we cannot stream any video in our unit using our Nighthawk router.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

1. what router do you have? 

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

4. Is the roku connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz signal?

5. have you tried changing the 5ghz channel (if its on 5ghz)?

Message 2 of 3

@Alex891007 wrote:

We realized this was not a Roku issue almost immediately because all other devices in our condo would drop signal as well for 1-2 minutes. 

The "condo" word is chilling. It raises questions about how the Internet gets to your router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7