Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Sensitiviy setting resetting itself

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
qarl
Guide
Guide

So the first "night" with Arlo Pro.  I have the dredded UBER sensitivity issue with one camera due to flying night bugs. (I live in Forida).

I've gone into the Mode settings for the recorded schedule, gone to the affected camera and turned the sensitivty down to like 10% to prevent a motion sensing email from being sent every minute.

At some point, 2 of the 4 cameras went offline.  So I Restarted the base station from the browser-based control app..  When everything came back online, the sensitivity setting had reset on the affected camera to the default 80%.

How do you KEEP the sensitivity setting locked for a particular camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in the wrong place.  The motion detection test in Settings, My Devices, your camera doesn't save the setting for use in a mode/rule.  You have to use that information to then manually set the sensitivity by going to the Mode tab, clicking on you base and editing your modes as mentioned above.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After changin sense level, use BACK at the top left of page as SAVE is on the previous page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
qarl
Guide
Guide

In the browser App there is no Save button. Normally a small circle with a check appears on the motion sensitivity screen. You click that to save.

The problem is that after a base station restart, the sensitivity on the camera would reset to 80.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're in the wrong place.  The motion detection test in Settings, My Devices, your camera doesn't save the setting for use in a mode/rule.  You have to use that information to then manually set the sensitivity by going to the Mode tab, clicking on you base and editing your modes as mentioned above.

qarl
Guide
Guide

I see the issue now and all I can say is that the interface is pretty piss-poor.

I have been using Schedule Mode.  There are no individial device setting links that you can "set" sensitivity under in Schedule mode. You have to go under Armed mode and do it.  I reality, you sould be able to to it under the individual Device settings when you are doing motion testing.

The Arlo software interface is severely lacking in intuitiveness... they have a LONG way to go.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The schedule is not a mode. It's where you schedule your modes. Saving it under Settings is hardly the right place because different modes could use different sensitivity settings.
qarl
Guide
Guide
Got it now.

If Schedule is listed under modes, to me, it's a MODE
You can also have it on full-time as a Mode using Armed.
Or Disarmed and not running at all.

Again what a CRAPPY non-intuitive interface. A LOT of room for improvement IMHO.