Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Green Blinking Light on VMB4000 Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dirleton
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station is actually a VMB4000 but this was not an option to select for the model.
Version 2.4.2.1000_17535 Released 07/18/17

My Arlo Pro system is fully operational.  But my base station (VMB4000) continues to have the middle light intermittantly blinking green.  Example: All three green lights on the base station will be green.  Then, the middle green light will start blinking and the blinking will last about 5-seconds.  This happens continuously and I have never noticed this before.  I researched this and it may be that the system is doing a firmware update.  Note the new version was released 4-days ago on 07/18/17.  However, it doesn't seem like a firmware update should take 4-days.  Are there any actions I need to take?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Take a look at this KB where it mentions the blinking green internet light.

https://kb.arlo.com/989/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are already 3 other posts about this.

This inernet flashing light is normal. It should have always been there as per the documentation but the firmware had not yet caught up.

Dirleton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond to my post.  FYI, I had looked through the Q&A's but apparently missed the three posts which addressed my issue.  I also read the user manual (Arlo Pro Wire Free HD Security Camera System)  and found on page 8 a photo of the base station and a description of what the different lights on the station meant; however, the page did not show an explanation for a green blinking light for the internet.  If you don't mind, can you reference the page in the documentation which references the green blinking light for the internet so that I can have it for future reference?  Thanks -  

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Take a look at this KB where it mentions the blinking green internet light.

https://kb.arlo.com/989/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe this is a result of a recent update - my base station is only a few weeks old, but my manual does not show the green blinking light info referenced in the kb article.  So that's probably why you didn't find it in your manual.

Dirleton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Dirleton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see it.  Thanks for responding.