School wide problem with WNAP 320

SAtechnology
Aspirant

School wide problem with WNAP 320

I am at a school and currently we have WNAP 320 Netgear in each classroom, however throughout the day, the APs will stop connecting students and teachers to the wifi. I have noticed that once this happens, the wifi indicated light does not blink green as quickly, it's more of a consistent blink and also the length is exactly the same.

The quick fix is unplug the AP and then plug it back in... My only assumption is that it reaches it's maximum users and does not disconnect user when the go to a classroom that's across the campus. I have read in the users manual that as long as the device is within 500 feet it will stay connected to that particular AP.

Any advice to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
adit
Mentor

Re: School wide problem with WNAP 320

Which firmware on the AP's? Do you have a wireless controller? How many AP's do you have? How many students/devices per AP?
Message 2 of 4
SAtechnology
Aspirant

Which firmware on the AP's?

The firmware, I am not sure, however, they were purchased, configured to our network, and put up in classrooms straight out of the box. I do not think the latest firmware is on. How do I check?

Do you have a wireless controller?

No

How many AP's do you have?

At least 30, each class is like a "hotspot" I tried to do the wireless controller and the APs shut down completely and I needed to send them back to Netgear.

How many students/devices per AP?

Varies, can be as little as 10 or as big as 40
Message 3 of 4
adit
Mentor

To check the firwmare you need to log into each AP. The shipping firmware should be updated. My 320's run flawlessly. Which wireless controller did you try? The WC7520 could control all of them from one interface.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements