× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX620 - 802.3at PoE+ Injector Recommendations?

Nuclear_N
Star

WAX620 - 802.3at PoE+ Injector Recommendations?

Does anybody have a recommendation for an 802.3at (PoE+) injector to use with the WAX620 (AX3600) access point?

I bought a Ubiquiti 802.3at injector (https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-accessories-poe-injectors/products/u-poe-at) but it only puts out 48V... so the AP is running in reduced power mode. Netgear support says the Ubiquiti injector isn't actually AT compliant because the AT standard is 50V+ (they seem to be correct!).

Netgear doesn't make their own PoE injectors.

Has anyone had success with a particular PoE+ power injector with a WAX620?

If not, my fallback is to buy an AC power adapter and be done with it!

Thanks!  😊

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Nuclear_N
Star

Re: WAX620 - 802.3at PoE+ Injector Recommendations?

Thanks @Mark_V, appreciate your suggestion on the PoE+ switch.

To anyone following the post, I just purchased a TP-Link TL-POE160S PoE+ injector and it's working fine with the WAX620.

The original Ubiquiti PoE+ injector (U-POE-at) puts out 48V / 30W - which should meet the 802.11at standard for power at the powered device (42.5V) but doesn't meet the standard (50V) for output at the power source. Why that matters to the AP is a little beyond me, but I'm no engineer, so for now I'm just going to use the TP-Link injector.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Nuclear_N 

You should be able to use any injector supporting poe+ but it is recommended to use a switch that supports poe+. There are unmanaged switches that supports poe+ which cost less and will be able to power additional devices if needed.

If you want an injector make sure to find one that has 50v/60w output. Other users might be able to recommended.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
Nuclear_N
Star

Thanks @Mark_V, appreciate your suggestion on the PoE+ switch.

To anyone following the post, I just purchased a TP-Link TL-POE160S PoE+ injector and it's working fine with the WAX620.

The original Ubiquiti PoE+ injector (U-POE-at) puts out 48V / 30W - which should meet the 802.11at standard for power at the powered device (42.5V) but doesn't meet the standard (50V) for output at the power source. Why that matters to the AP is a little beyond me, but I'm no engineer, so for now I'm just going to use the TP-Link injector.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements