Wndap360

blaxer
Aspirant

Wndap360

I don't know where to begin on this but we are having major problems with the WNDAP360 access point. We recently replaced an ecletic group of access points in 4 different physcial locations with WNDAP360 and at every single site I have clients who cannot stay connected for more that 15-20 minutes or so. I have contacted technical support about this problem but of course I got level 1, I'm reading from my script, check your network cable troubleshooting 101 which is no help. I was waiting patiently for a firmware upgrade which was mentioned on this forum but doesn't seem to be happening. The problem seems to be more exagerated on apple products (clients) but nothing seems immune. All access points previous, d-link, apple, old netgear in each physical location worked perfectly so it cannot be an interference issue.

Can anyone shed light on what this might be, I am not the only customer who has mentioned these problems on this forum but those threads seem to die so how is this problem being solve? I have exhaustively tried combinations of all kind of settings nothing even comes close to helping. We have sophisticated networking monitoring in place and it's absolutley not on the network side of the equation, what am I missing?

TIA...

Message 1 of 9
adit
Mentor

Re: Wndap360

Which firmware? Are the Apples up to date? They were having a ton of wireless issue either 1 or 2 updates rounds ago.
Message 2 of 9
inigoml
Aspirant

blaxer wrote:
have clients who cannot stay connected for more that 15-20 minutes or so. I have contacted technical support about this problem but of course I got level 1, I'm reading from my script, check your network cable troubleshooting 101 which is no help. I was waiting patiently for a firmware upgrade which was mentioned on this forum but doesn't seem to be happening.

You are not alone. We have also plenty issues with these APs.
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=75059
Message 3 of 9
hdave
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I apologize for the inconvenience you are having. Did you notice that APs are rebooting when every time you are losing connections?

So to make sure if AP is rebooting or not, you can download putty and log into console and type uptime, which will show you when the last time AP has rebooted. So if you have not rebooted AP manually and if you see that AP has rebooted recently that we can see that APs are rebooting after every couple hours and that’s why you might be losing connections.

Here is the Putty login,
Username: root
Password: password

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,
Hardika
Level3 Support Engineer
Message 4 of 9
Nick_123
Aspirant

hdave wrote:
I apologize for the inconvenience you are having. Did you notice that APs are rebooting when every time you are losing connections?

So to make sure if AP is rebooting or not, you can download putty and log into console and type uptime, which will show you when the last time AP has rebooted. So if you have not rebooted AP manually and if you see that AP has rebooted recently that we can see that APs are rebooting after every couple hours and that’s why you might be losing connections.

Here is the Putty login,
Username: root
Password: password

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,
Hardika
Level3 Support Engineer

Hi, Is there any news on new firmware for this AP having issue's when using both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band if I disable 5Ghz I have no problems at all.
Message 5 of 9
adit
Mentor

Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Nick123 wrote:
Hi, Is there any news on new firmware for this AP having issue's when using both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band if I disable 5Ghz I have no problems at all.

Please avoid putting support name on the forum. it is against the forum policy 🙂
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 9
Nick_123
Aspirant

adit wrote:
Which firmware are you using?