does the wac730 ap follow me when i'm switching from floor around my building ?

amiens80
Aspirant

does the wac730 ap follow me when i'm switching from floor around my building ?

hi,

i'm in a building with 4 floors. each floor have its own wac730 , and all APs are in ensemble mode.

i notice this behaviour (issue ?) , shall you advice me to know if it is normal or  a bug or a problem in setting :

The morning, i started to work at the floor0/ground0 with my laptop. i choose the my usual Wireless Network Name to work with.

i check the monitoring wac730 web stand alone conf, and i really conneting to the nearest one AP (so the ground0 AP).

But, during the day, i walking up to stage 1 then to stage2 where there are other wac730 APs.

I Noticed my speed bandwith will go slow, so i checked the monitoring wac730 web standalone conf from the stage where i am (not the ground0 anymore but the 2nd or third floor) and i noticed i 'm not connected to the nearest wac370.

why ?

i check the ground0 wac730 where i started this morning, and i discover i remained connected to it !

do i need to disconnect to my usual Wireless Network Name 's session and reconnect it from each floor i work to get better access the nearest wac370 ap ?

I also make the test to disconnect (shut down) the ap of the ground0  while i'm in other floors, and i'm disconnected to !

i thought using ensemble configuration will make the "network" following me and reconnecting me wherever i am, once i openned a session, but i'm not.

The ensemble mode did not work like i expected (like a basic cellphone network following me and keeping me connecting during my location )

so, is this a problem or a "leak" feature or a bad configuration of my ensemble wac730 ?

Thankf you for your future  replies, your reading, i know my english expression is not perfect (not my natural language), i hope you'll understand me good enough.

Best regards

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: does the wac730 ap follow me when i'm switching from floor around my building ?

@amiens80,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

On the ground0 WAC730, go to Monitor > Ensemble > Access Point, does it shows "Connected" on the Status?  You can post a screenshot of it.

What is the current firmware of the WAC730 that are members of the ensemble? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
amiens80
Aspirant

Re: does the wac730 ap follow me when i'm switching from floor around my building ?

hi,

I did not check the "statut" column of the AP, i only check the number of AP. As the number was full, i concluded they all connected, aren't they ?

Can the web-interface display "3 members" with only 2 conencted status  ?

Also, our firmware release are on the "3.9.0.3". we did not upgrade because, in the changelog, there is not information about our current issue.

Does the new firmware fix the issue on the "auto-ap-switch" from ground through different stages of the building ?

Best regards

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@amiens80,

I did not check the "statut" column of the AP, i only check the number of AP. As the number was full, i concluded they all connected, aren't they ?

Can the web-interface display "3 members" with only 2 conencted status  ?

All of the 3 WAC730 that are members of the ensemble should show "Connected" Status.

Also, our firmware release are on the "3.9.0.3". we did not upgrade because, in the changelog, there is not information about our current issue.

Does the new firmware fix the issue on the "auto-ap-switch" from ground through different stages of the building ?

I suggest you to upgrade the ensemble to the latest firmware which is v3.9.1.0 and you can download it here.  The latest firmware fixes various stability and connectivity issues. As reference, kindly read the release notes of firmware v3.9.1.0 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements