Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2+ years of C3700 agony!

Delosky
Aspirant

2+ years of C3700 agony!

I purchased this device in October 2015.  In January 2016 - only 4 short months after purchasing the device, I started having internet browsing issues on both 2.4 and 5 GHz connections, sometimes one or the other wouldn't show, sometimes some devices could connect to one or the other while other devices could not to the same.  Certainly Netgear would support their device for the INDUSTRY STANDARD 1 YEAR!  Nope.  I called mid-January and was told to get support I had to pay $50.  Seriously?  I just spent over $100 less than 4 months earlier.

Here I am a full 29 months later, and time and time again I find myself having to hit the reset button on the back of this absolutly P.O.S. device.  I have a list a mile long from March 2015 all the way through last night where time and time again I have issues and exactly what the issues are.  Latest firmware, multiple factory resets and various testing across Windows laptops, iPads, Android tablets and Android phones and still nothing but disconnects and restarts.

Still, Netgear sticks to their "90 day support" model which is absolutely ridiculous and when it is obvious that I purchased a device that has hardware/antennae/system board issues from the beginning, only it wasn't determined in 90 days.  I'm just hear to vent, and hopefully have this make it to someone at Netgear that actually cares.  But alas, I doubt it.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
Delosky
Aspirant

Re: 2+ years of C3700 agony!

Yep, sure enough, like clock work...I got home tonight and connected to my 5G network successfully and guess what, NO INTERNET!  Wow, imagine that!  Switch to 2.4 GHz and voila, internet is fine.

If the reliability of this device was a line in Vegas, I'd be a millionaire by now.  Thank you Netgear for manufacturing and selling this absolute piece of garbage and offering a measly 90 day warranty on it.  Sounds like a scam if you ask me.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7