Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2300 and CM1000

Analog_DSN
Aspirant

AC2300 and CM1000

Having trouble with  my internet service dropping out daily, mostly when in a meeting, Zoom, Teams, etc.  Seems unrelated to applications running on my PC.  There are 2 users on this system.  Seems unrelated to number of users too.  When I lose my connection the WIFI symbol in the Taskbar remains valid, i.e. shows a connection.  But the connection drops and eventually reconnects.  Looking at the CM1000 fault log it states there are many:  

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing; ...

Is there a known compatibility issue with the CM1000 Modem and the AC2300 WIFI Router while operating in a COMCAST system?  Just for completeness, I have tried using a wired connection, through my AC2300 to the CM1000, still there are internet drops.  This doesn't appear to fix the problem.  Thank you in advance to anyone that might have any information on this.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, RS400|Nigthhawk AC2300 Cybersecurity WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC2300 and CM1000

AC2300 WIFI Router is not a model # or brand name. 

What brand and model # router do you have connected to the modem? 

Disconnect the wifi router and connect up 1 wired PC to the modem and see if problems are seen. 

Message 2 of 4
Analog_DSN
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  You are correct.  The WIFI Router Model is R7000P.  The Modem is CM1000.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You said drops still happen when directly connected to the cm1000?

Do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and the event logs? That helps a lot more than 1 line. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7