Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access to Cable modem and settings

Rollin
Aspirant

Access to Cable modem and settings

The cable modem all connected and working but I don't want to have a computer connected by ethernet cable inorder to access the cable modem settings. When the computer is disconnected from the ethernet cable and all other computers are closed or shut-down then when they are open and operating I an no longefr access the cable modem settings.  What do I do to correct this situation?

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Access to Cable modem and settings

Hello Rollin

Have you tried to use different web browsers when accessing the Gui? also have you tried to access it using 192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com/?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

Are you sure you are trying to access modem? Isn't it router you are talking about?

Your unit is cable modem/router combo. What are you tryig to do with modem?

Message 3 of 5
Rollin
Aspirant

Have tried everyone of those solutions to no avail.  My current question is this, does a computer need to be connected to the modem by ethernet cable?  Because I can't leave a computer connected to the cable modem by ethernet.  Does anyone have a answer to being connected to the cable modem.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

You keep saying modem, what you are trying to do with modem? As I mentioned earlier I am wondering you mean router. Again your unit is modem/router combo. You can remove the Ethernet cable but then you have to have a wireless connection to access Intternet.  . Is your concern about security?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7