Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Add a C6300 to an existing network

astan
Aspirant

Add a C6300 to an existing network

I have gone through many pages of current discussions and although some are similar, I can't seem to find any that are wanting to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish. Here's my ordeal.

I have had my C6300 for awhile. Love it. Works great. It's current purpose is what it is meant to be. It connects all my devices (scanner/printer, label printer, external cloud, etc) and provides me with internet. I created a home group with my windows devices and was able to access anything that was connected to my router because it was connected to a desktop computer. I am moving to another home where there is already an internet connection and modem/router provided. This existing device is in a shared space where I don't want my items due to the fact that many people live in this home. My laptop, scanner/printer and label printer are all going with me to my personal space. I want to connect wirelessly to the C6300 in order to print to the printing devices while using the existing router in the home for internet.

Is there a way to do this? Could I use it as a router of devices without internet? Like leave my computer connected to existing router for internet and the C6300 for devices? I have done a lot of my own troubleshooting in life but this is something that I can't conceptualize. In a perpect world, I'd like to get my C6300 to be a secondary device to the existing router at the new home. Have it push the wireless internet signal to my personal space for better reception, like a repeater, and be able to access my devices through it. Similar to an access point or a bridge. But I'm told that these two modes means no routing capabilities. Doesn't using it as a wireless access to my external devices means that it's routing something? I hope this all makes sense.

Oh and the main issue is that I'm trying to find a way to accomplish this wirelessly.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Add a C6300 to an existing network

Hello astan

If you have a ethernet port you could get another router and use it as a access point or get a wireless extender but the C6300 will not do what your wanting.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7