Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700-100NAS signal strength

harvela
Aspirant

C3700-100NAS signal strength

I've noticed a significant decrease in signal strength within my new home to the point where I cannot even connect from the floor upstairs on the other side of my home. Total square footage of my home across 3 floors is only 1,576 sq ft. We had an acceptable signal when we first moved in but it has been slowly getting worse. I've already moved my router as far as I can but it still resides primarily on one side of our second floor within our townhome. This is also where the cable connection is, I'm unable to move it anywhere else. I'm looking for ideas to potentially help boost the signal, neither 2.4 or 5.0 GHz will connect.

There was an article about trying to use another router as a repeater (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20604/related/1). Unfortunately when I go into the admin panel of my router (C3700|N600) there is no "wireless repeating function" under the advanced wireless settings.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3700-100NAS signal strength

Hello harvela

Have you Tried to adjust the wireless channel in the wireless settings see if you get a better signal?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
harvela
Aspirant

I have not tried different channels. What is different about the various channels that would make one better then another?

For my 5GHz connection I am using channel 153 and per the channel interference report this is the only one on that channel.

For 2.4GHz, it is channel 6 and only 4 networks in my area are using that channel.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello harvela

Changing channels helps reduce interference from other wifi signals and other home devices that can degrade the signal so you want your network on the least used channel.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7