Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700 router becomes inaccessible after several hours. DHCP?

InTheSprings
Aspirant

C3700 router becomes inaccessible after several hours. DHCP?

Hello, 

seeking expertise. After several hours of the router functioning properly, the router becomes inaccessible via 10.0.0.1 -- whenever I restart it, it becomes accessible but goes down again after several hours.  What is causing this?

Recently I have:

Added an external drive via the USB.

Enabled guest networks.

Disabled SSID on home and guest networks.

I appreciate your help to resolve this matter as it is requiring I power off/on the router every day.

Model: WNDR3700|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: C3700 router becomes inaccessible after several hours. DHCP?

The C3700 is a cable modem router, not just a router. The "footer" on your message refers to the WNDR3700, which is a router. So it isn't clear what the layout of your network looks like.

You should check that you have started the network in the correct order. The Quick Start guide for the modem explains this:

>>> C3700 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 5
InTheSprings
Aspirant

You're correct. The correct model is C3700. The template would not let me enter that model.

I should mention that this is a new issue, I've had this product for about 5 months and the issue began in the last 30 days, this is why I mentioned what I had done as of late. It has the latest firmware. Also, internet continues to work on all devices on my map, but I cannot access the router's interface from any, via wifi or ethernet. Thanks for your reply.
Message 3 of 5

@InTheSprings wrote:
...but I cannot access the router's interface from any, via wifi or ethernet.

If this is your problem, then you are one of many users who face the "cannot login to router" issue.

There are many conversations along those lines. There is, though, no single solution.

You may find it instructive, if a little tedious, to search the forum for some of those discussions.

As your internet connection seems to be working what is it that you want to do with the router?

Message 4 of 5
InTheSprings
Aspirant

Thanks again for your time Michael.

I did in fact search within this community and on the web for a week before posting.

Mostly, the results I find are regarding how to turn off the DHCP, although I use quotes in my search to be specific toward my scenario. So you're saying it's common. I will likely undo the recent actions I've taken, one by one, to see if either is contributing to this issue.

Well, if there are instances where I would like to change settings, to disable/enable SSID broadcast, disable/enable guest wifi, change passwords, restrict access on specific times, etc.. I need to do so via the device's interface, even the Neatgear Genie won't connect when the issue arises. So it causes me to have to restart the device.

First world problems, right?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7