Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 Daily Random WiFi dropouts, Wired works fine.

Jawsh
Follower

C6300 Daily Random WiFi dropouts, Wired works fine.

Firmware Version: V2.01.14

Been dealing with this issue for a few weeks now.

My C6300 will randomly drop WiFi entirely, no devices will show my SSID in their available list.

On the Router Web-Interface, it shows the 2.4/5Ghz channels both as Channel 0. Changing the channel does nothing, and neither does starting and stopping WiFi service. The only thing that solves this problem is a complete hard reset which takes around 3 minutes and is aggravating.

My Event Logs also show a daily T3 Timeout, but I have yet to be able to correlate that with the Wi-Fi drop. I never lose internet connection on my desktop which I have connected directly to the modem, so it's a bit difficult to tell when these drops actually happen and if they were caused by a T3 timeout. 

In addition to that, the Wi-Fi drop does not associate with any new device turning on or connecting to the network, just occurs randomly.

I've also tried a second C6300 (Thanks Amazon!) and was met with the same issue. Is this model just ridiculously buggy? I set up my parents with the same ISP but with a slightly cheaper Modem/Router combo and they have had no issues.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 Daily Random WiFi dropouts, Wired works fine.

Have you tried to factory reset the modem and connect it up to the coax again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7