Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 stops broadcasting, resets to channel 0 with Samsung Galaxy Book 12

BroadCove
Initiate

C6300 stops broadcasting, resets to channel 0 with Samsung Galaxy Book 12

My wife purchased the new Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (wifi plus LTE, from Verizon). We have a Netgear C6300 and the ISP is Time Warner Cable (Spectrum) in New England.

Within 60 seconds of the Samsung connecting to the network, the C6300 stops broadcasting SSID for both 2.4G and 5G wifi networks. Both networks reset to channel 0 (zero). Connecting to either network causes both networks to stop broadcasting. Turning off the Galaxy Book's wifi adapter and resetting the router resolves the problem, but as soon as the Galaxy Book's adapter is turned on and it connects to either network, both networks stop broadcasting and are reset to channel 0.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 stops broadcasting, resets to channel 0 with Samsung Galaxy Book 12

Hello BroadCove

Do you have the latest wifi drivers for this device? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
BroadCove
Initiate

Re: C6300 stops broadcasting, resets to channel 0 with Samsung Galaxy Book 12

Thanks, I managed to resolve the issue, but I'm not sure exactly what the solution was. I took the new device (Galaxy Book) to another location and updated all of the software/drivers. When I brought it back home, I was able to connect to the network. Then the C6300 evidenced a new problem: it was broadcasting and I could connect to the wifi, but there was no access to the internet (couldn't even get to the C6300 admin page with an ethernet cable connected directly). Called Time Warner Cable (Spectrum), went through a few things, and ultimately did a hard reset. I had been avoiding that because I didn't want to set up the networks again. But I did, and so far, so good. I'm on 36+ hours of stable connections/internet. Hoping that's the end of it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7