Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000-100NAS randomly drops internet connection

Lurkios
Tutor

C7000-100NAS randomly drops internet connection

I have a C7000-100NAS (Comcast) that's dropping packets every few minutes for about 5 seconds or so. Lose ping to both router and web when it does (unable to navigate router interface during this time as well). It doesn't seem to happen when only one device is plugged into the router, but almost does always when 2-3 are.

Looking at the Amazon review this doesn't appear to be uncommon, but I haven't seen a solid fix. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: C7000-100NAS randomly drops internet connection

what IP are you pinging? are you losing Pings on wired on wireless? 

Message 2 of 5
Lurkios
Tutor

Hello vkdelta,

I'm ping the routers LAN IP (192.168.1.1) along with 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS) - this wired. 3 different people using 3 different computers on the same router and we're all disconnected at exactly the same time.

Both pings drop simultaniously. and come back a few seconds later, almost always lose exactly 4.

Message 3 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

would you be able to help us with debug information? If yes, please let me know and we can work directly with you.

Message 4 of 5
SupaPig
Guide

I have the same issues but mine is more random than that.  If I ping simultaneously, my LAN at 10.129.129.1 and anything on the web (8.8.8.8, Companies website, Microsoft)... I randomly will start dropping traffic to the LAN interface while I can still ping the WAN side (anything on the web).  Then, the opposite will occur where I can ping my LAN interface but no traffic can be passed to anything on the web.

I can resolve this by either restarting the C7000 which is a pain or 70% of the time, simply change from the 2.4G network to the 5G network.  Again, this is only SOME times.  It doesn't matter whether I'm next to the C7000 (wirelessly) or on the other side of the house.  It also doesn't matter whether I'm using a Macbook, Dell XPS or even iPad.  Same results.  I do see Framing errors and know that on occassion S/N, Power and other issues occur which is honestly pretty common for a Cable connection.  It just seems the C7000 has a LOT of trouble correcting those issues and the firmware release is unstable enough that it causes the C7000 to freak out and exhibit really odd behaviour.

Disappointing, but Time Warners cheap Technicolor modem doesn't exhibit this behaviour and neither does my LinkSys AC1900.  Looks like I'll be going back to one of those and returning this device for another than can handle the typical issues with Cable providers.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7